M.Sc. cum laude in Computer Science, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.
B.Sc. cum laude in Computer Science, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.
2005-2011 TimeBridge Ltd. (Personal Scheduling Manager)
- Participation in the design of the system and selecting core technologies.
- Design and development of a 70kloc server in Python.
- Design and development of numerous support tools.
- System administration of a network of Linux servers.
|Environments: || ||Linux, Windows. |
|Languages: || ||Python, BASH shell script, SQL, PHP. |
|Technologies: || ||SOAP, Apache, MySQL, mod_python, Postfix, Shorewall, SSH. |
2002-2005 Independent Consultant
Various projects, including:
- Designed and implemented a demo web based video viewing and encoding service.
- Image super resolution algorithms.
- Designed a web based system for scanning and uploading images.
- Installed and administered a small LAN consisting of several Windows and Linux machines.
- Built several web sites, complete with graphic design, GUI design, programming and maintenance tools.
- Designed a microcontroller-based device and developed DSP algorithms for it.
- Designed and implemented an advanced GUI IRC client.
- Trivia: I was the first to solve pythonchallenge.com (all levels). I also contributed a few more difficult levels. Seriously, it was fun.
|Environments: || ||Windows, Linux. |
2000-2001 Proficiency (collaboration infrastructure for mechanical CAD systems).
- Consulted and solved problems in a complex environment (C++, NT 4.0, Solaris).
- Participated in designing and implementing the infrastructure for a CAD system (C++, STL).
- Designed and implemented a user emulation system for X-Windows and MS-Windows, and authored the user's manual for it
(C, C++, Tcl, X-Windows, MS-Windows, XMLRPC, HTML).
CSS, NS4+IE4, JSP, Java, servlets, J2EE, SQL, WebSphere application
- Debugging tools (C++, asm, low-level kernel/compiler/linker/loader calls in Solaris and MS-Windows, ELF).
- Established de-facto documentation and coding standards.
|Environments: || ||NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Solaris, other Unix flavors. |
|Technologies: || ||J2EE, JSP, SQL, STL, X-Windows core protocol, XLib, DHTML, TCP/IP, ELF... |
1993-1999 BRM (Technically-oriented Venture Capitalist specializing in Internet related startups).
Sr. Software Architect
- Consulted to Checkpoint LTD. on UI issues.
- Norton Enterprise Backup (C, Novell+DOS, IPX/SPX, TLI):
Participated in the architecture design.
Designed and implemented an object oriented database with event notifications
and a communication layer for coordinating the distributed work of multiple UIs,
backup devices and central control in a distributed system spanning several
- Enterprise Fax Server.
- BackWeb (C++, MS-Windows, COM): Participated in the design from the very
beginning. Co-authored the Polite Agent patent. Invented and implemented
the infoFlash technology. Designed a communication protocol over UDP for the reliable
distribution of large amounts of data over intermittent connections.
Designed the basic architecture of the whole product - a project portfolio
management system with automated information collection.
Designed the basic architecture of the DHTML UI.
|Environments: || ||MS-DOS, MS-Windows, Novell NetWare. |
|Languages: || ||C, C++. |
|Technologies: || ||IPX/SPX, TLI, TCP/IP. |
- A modem device driver and documentation, whose source code was published
by National Semiconductor as a working example for driver and application developers.
|Environments: || ||MS-DOS. |
|Languages: || ||C. |
|Technologies: || ||Serial line device driver. |
1988-1992 Rosh Intelligent Systems (Expert system for field engineers)
- Consulted and was involved in most of the development activities.
- Numerous prototypes and infrastructure modules.
- Graphical editor for the knowledge base.
- Unix-PC communications, remote execution infrastructure for mixed environment compilations.
- Expert system user interface.
- Computer-based training authoring system: design, implementation, documentation, customer training, customer relations.
- Translator between two Prolog implementations for porting a large application.
|Environments: || ||MS-DOS, MS-Windows/MFC, Apollo Unix workstations. |
|Languages: || ||C, C++, OpenScript, Prolog. |
|Technologies: || ||ToolBook, Guide, Actor, dBase. |
1985-1987 Clarity (CAD system for VLSI design)
Senior Software Architect
- Infrastructure and user interface for a large CAD system for VLSI design, sticks graphical editor, geometric algorithms.
- A Pascal to C translator that was better than the available commercial products.
|Environments: || ||Apollo Unix workstations. |
|Languages: || ||Pascal, C. |
|Technologies: || ||Lex + YACC. |
1982-1984 A&CA (CAD system for architects)
- 3D solid modeller with hidden line removal, body intersection operations, etc.
- Hidden surface removal module for a new IBM Graphic Terminal.
|Environments: || ||IBM 370, VM/CMS. |
|Languages: || ||Fortran, APL, Asm/370, IBM Graphic Terminal language. |
|Technologies: || || |
1977-1982 Israel Defence Forces
- Set up methodologies and standards in coding, documentation and design, which remained in effect for over 15 years.
- Infrastructure design and implementation
- Designed and implemented a CLIB-like library in IBM370 Asm and Fortran IV for Fortran IV applications.
- Designed and implemented a communication-optimizing 3270 terminal driver.
- Set standards and guidelines for UI design.
- Designed and implemented a configurable, extendible and scriptable mini relational database application which remained in service for over 20 years.
- Designed a UI macro language and developed an interpreter for it.
- Numerous applications, infrastructures and user interfaces.
|Environments: || ||IBM 370, MVS, TSO, Solaris, HP-UX. |
|Languages: || ||Fortran IV, Asm/370, C. |
|Technologies: || || |
US 6,374,289, US 2001027479, EP 0993163 - Distributed Client-Based Data Caching System.
EP 1214647, WO 0118670, AU 7035500 - User Emulation For Computer Aided Design Data Exchange.